Tuesday, July 20, 2010

The First Day of a New Life

July 20, 2010 A flat tire and a speeding ticket!!!
The flat tire happened only 9 miles from take-off in the town I grew up in, Garden Grove.  As I sat there shaking my head in frustration at the tire store I realized I had an opportunity to reflect on the beginning of my life in OC.  My folks immigrated here from Canada when I was 5 and I lived here for 20 years.  I let go and let God take me on my journey down memory lane for 30 minutes.  So what turned out was a blessing, a time to pause and reflect and slow down.
Then the speeding ticket......a definite message to sloooooooooooooooooow down!!!!  By this time I was 7 hours into a long drive and wasn't ruffled much.  I was going to fast (90).  Thank God I can take traffic school online on a farm somewhere!

Not much can ruffle me right now...I am still feeling the effects of all of your love from my party and cards that I have received!  THANK YOU!  I'll write more on all that after I have had some sleep!
Fair Thee Well,
Pioneer Janet
In Sacramento

3 comments:

  1. Dear Sweet Janet-I'm so glad I got to talk to you as you rolled into Sacramento last night. I hope you slept well at Days Inn and woke feeling refreshed. Keep us posted! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. God works in so many ways. I had no idea you have been in OC for so long. Wow, you are such a nature girl I wouldn't of thought it! Funny how you are so far away, yet I learn something new about you. love you! be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fare thee well - my friend! I can't wait to hear more as your adventure unfolds. Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete