Sunday, August 1, 2010

The Mystery Community


July 23, 2010   Do you see the black hole on the left here?
That's what it looked like I was going into!  No return.  I started to climb this mountain in the redwoods and thought to myself....where in the **** do I think I am going and doing!!!  I was planning to visit an intentional community (sort of a commune) in Northern California.  They said it was remote.....they were not kidding.  I drove 1 hour on a small single lane paved road then I drove for another hour at 3mph to go 3.5 miles on a dirt road.  Deer were jumping in front of me and I saw a cougar.  (that's Lola's response to the cougar below!)  I got to the yellow gate at the appointed time and it was locked.  Relief filled my body!!!!  Fear dissapated as I drove 3mph back down the mountain!  I am NOT ready to live this remote YET!  PS... the people did call, text and email me with apology for standing me up.  I might visit later in the year and maybe I will have a 4-wheel drive!
Fare, Fare thee Well!!!
Not so Pioneer Janet

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. I'm with Lola on this one! Glad you decided it was too remote - sorry - if I drove all that way and got stood up - I'd take it as a sign. love you. Karen

    ReplyDelete