Thursday, August 19, 2010

The Sunshine Coast, British Columbia, Canada


August 7, 2010
On the road of the Sunshine Coast with just me and my Dog and God.  I've said my "fair thee wells" to family for awhile and off to explore and try to figure out what I am up to! Tootling around is what am doing! I am learning to tootle well! 
We're having a heat wave (32 celsius)....and I feel like I am back home, temperature wise. This is an unusual temperature and there is actually a water shortage going on!  Hard to believe that they conserve water way more than we do and they have 10 times more water than the US. I hiked through this cool furry forest near Egmont.
It boasts the Skookumchuck Narrows which are the most powerful rapids in the world.  It was a like I was in a dream or a movie set of Lord of the Rings or Avatar. I was chased here by a horse fly till I could barely breath. I was quite a spectacle to other hikers as I was screaming and batting at it with giant fern leaves.  As I surrendered to the fact that it was going to win and take my arm or leg off because I was so out of breath and would probably die from lack of air anyways, I remembered reading from Gina P's book "Backcountry Betty" not to wear certain bright colours and I had bright orange on.....well the minute I took it off....bug be gone!!!!  I survived with all my parts and lungs.  Lola thought I was playing chase.

Posted by PicasaI spent the rest of the day lounging around this lake contemplating life.  Questions that come up for me are:  Mexico this winter to learn spanish and should I put down money to reserve a place at the herb school in Shasta?  What am I expecting to learn through this experience?  I want to control my outcome and it's really hard to let go.  I am not into the flow yet, whatever that looks like, since it's a whole new flow! I am constantly reminding myself that its the joy of the journey and allowing life to summon me through that joy.  Fear is a companion that I new was there but had been able to keep at bay.  Now my tools of the program are foremost in my mind to use, thank God!  One thing for sure:  I am going to learn a whole lot more about this woman named Pioneer Janet from Free Range
Fair thee Well my friends,
Pioneer Janet  

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know learning Spanish in Mexico was on "your list." Let me know if it is a serious consideration as my brother has a 2nd home down there on some remote lake Valle de Bravo I think is the name.
    Peace!

    ReplyDelete